Friday, May 6, 2011

Its been a while

I haven't posted anything on here in a long time, but I've been sorta busy behind the scenes, going through possible new band members. The main thing is that they need to be cool with me not drinking. Well, the main thing is they need to be good. And I think we got it covered.

I've gone like 5 months almost without drinking, and it's... it's a fucking doozy. I still don't feel like I was ever a full on alcoholic, I just think my anarchaic self destructive nature likes to poke it's head in while I'm drunk.

I laugh to myself a lot, and the crazy things I think of and shrug off when I'm sober turn into drunk/disorderly tickets when I'm drunk. I've met a LOT of alcoholics in my day, and I've also met an equal amount of people who will tell you you're an alcoholic.

It usually creates a gain for them, either monetarily or egotistically (usually both), and they can take their "wisdom" and shove it up their asses (unless you're a serious alcoholic, in which case heed their advice).

The point I'm trying to convey is this... you can't quit drugs or alcohol or cigarettes, or coffee (even any occasional use of them) for anyone but yourself. You have to want to change, and NOTHING in the world can force you to want that. It is literally the epitome of egotism that drives the addiction, the constant thought that you know better than they do.

And guess what boys and girls, you do know better than they do. You've got an x-ray machine and they've got a flashlight and a light brite.

Just keep in mind that, in a dark room, your best bet of finding your way out is by using the flashlight (or bulky and obtuse metaphorical light brite).

No comments:

Post a Comment