Saturday, March 26, 2011

The new band starts now

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a new drummer. I'm pretty psyched, and it's gonna be a lot different than anything I've ever played before. We're both psyched on getting things moving forward and starting to play shows and record. Rob (DeAngelis, the new drummer) has a recording studio and has recorded a lot in the past, which is sweet. Unlike me, though, he has the dedication and attention span to RELEASE them, which should be great.

I've never gotten past pressing one copy of a cd, and doing so scares me. I've always felt that if it isn't on a record it's not finished, and I can still tweak it and re-record it forever and ever and ever. Hopefully we'll get some sweet demos out shortly.

The only songs I KNOW I want to carry over to this band are "Miles Away", "shock and awe", and maybe "not for me". I've written one new one already (tentatively called "Vault 101") to bring to the table. If everyone was half as excited about Vault 101 as I am, 90% of the world would die of a stroke. The other 10% would roll their eyes at my nerdy video game references sneaking their way into song titles.

"Vault 101. It was here you were born...it is here you will die."

No comments:

Post a Comment