Saturday, January 8, 2011

The man in black fled across the desert...

...and the gunslinger followed.

I just found out that Ron Howard wants the role of Roland Deschain (the dark tower series) to be played by Javier Bardem (the bad guy in no country for old men). I was immediately outraged, and was about to denounce my faith in this series working out. I was always onboard the Viggo Mortenson or Hugh Jackman (or Hugh Laurie) for Roland train.

Then I saw a picture of just Javier's face, and that was it for me. Fuck whatever I thought about his body type being wrong, or his nationality being incongruent with Roland's. Fuck it, Javier is the man for the job.

However, I'm not gonna be broken hearted if they go for their current second choice, which is Viggo Mortenson.

Can I call it or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment