Monday, January 17, 2011

Wait, I play music?

In true fashion, the blog I started to keep my own memory straight as to where I currently am in the recording process has become my opinion factory.

You know where I am in the recording process? Me either. I haven't done a single fucking thing since I started this shit. I have, however, heard a LOT of new music this year. It's really been one of those experiences where you're writing and writing and writing, then you hear what someone else has written, and you don't want to even think about the songs you wrote.

For instance, the first time I heard The Gaslight Anthem's "American Slang" record, I stopped writing music for like... well, I heard it last april and this is January now.

Seriously, I'm gonna try to find the link to Gaslight's alternate version of Boxer real fast. Actually, no I'm not. If you're interested you'll search it out. Be sure you've heard the album version of "Boxer" though first. It's a 100% different song!

Speaking of the gaslight anthem, my 59' sound record skips during the title track. I'm pretty bummed about that, and it might make me take another year off from writing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment