Thursday, January 20, 2011

Work, music, and whatever else you don't want to hear me go on about

Man, the best chorus I've ever heard has to be "old haunts" off the gaslight anthem's "american slang" album.

I've always been drawn to the chorus of a song more so than any other aspect, as I assume is true of 99% of all listeners. There's really no reason to have a sweet set of verses if your chorus is gonna be as bad as sheena easton's "morning train".

I've referenced "morning train" (my baby takes the morning train... etc etc) quite a lot throughout my life, and I feel I need to clear something up. That song is like feta cheese. It's by far the worst ever, but it's so bad that you have to pop your head in every once in a while to make sure it's still as bad as you remember.

The thing is, I actually developed a taste for feta now. If my musical taste ever adjusts itself to morning train, I'm gonna throw myself headfirst down a flight of stairs. If you ever see me flying down a set of stairs superman style, you know why.

Well, either that or uncle phil got pissed and threw me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment